Update 18th July 2020
I have some more information from the government website; in a nutshell, wedding receptions of up to 30 guests (this includes the bride and groom) are allowed to take place for a sit down meal. Music can be played but only as background music at a low volume as to ensure guests and staff have no need to raise their voices so they can talk as normal.
For more information on additional measures required to be Covid safe click here.
Please find below excerpts from the website applicable to mobile disco suppliers.
- During all activity linked to the marriage ceremony or civil partnership formation, all parties should adhere to social distancing guidelines. 2 metres or 1 metre with risk mitigation (where 2 metres is not viable), are acceptable.
- Gatherings of more than 30 people are permitted but only in certain public places as set out in law. This will include all licensed venues where legal marriage ceremonies can take place however it is strongly advised that numbers are restricted to 30 for public health reasons.
- Those operating venues following COVID-19 secure guidelines should take additional steps to ensure the safety of the public and prevent large gatherings or mass events from taking place.
- Large wedding receptions or parties should not currently be taking place after the marriage ceremony or civil partnership formation. However, from 1 August small wedding receptions will be able to take place; this means sit down meals for no more than 30 people, subject to COVID-19 Secure guidance.
- People should avoid singing, shouting, raising voices and/or playing music at a volume that makes normal conversation difficult or that may encourage shouting. This is because of the potential for increased risk of transmission from aerosol and droplets.
- People from different households should maintain social distancing between one another. This may require marriages or civil partnerships to be adapted to remove practices that would otherwise have brought people into contact with one another, unless required for the marriage or civil partnership to be legally binding. Where this is the case precautions should be put in place to minimise contact and ensure the time frame is as short as possible.
Nevertheless, during these uncertain times, GNG Disco is offering risk free bookings up to and including 30th November 2020, however bookings made during this time may be cancelled with a full refund should the Covid Secure Guidelines not allow it.
- zero deposit required
- zero penalties for date changes or cancellations
- Full payment can be made on the day at the start of the event in cash
GNG Disco Packages
Book now with zero deposit
GNG Disco is an independent sole run mobile disco company serving Newcastle upon Tyne and surrounding areas, covering adult birthday parties, children's party discos, weddings, Christmas parties and more.
Information on my disco packages can be found below: